High speed hard disks, small and crowded chassis can cause very high temperatures. This means that the hard disk is not able to cool down. Disk presentation and reliability extensively reduce as temperature increases and above 50 °C failure can occur any time. Disk manufacturers often limit the maximum operating temperature to 50 degree centigrade.
Without any special setting, the tray icon immediately reflects the problem by flashing a red X icon. Hard Disk Sentinel displays a tray icon bubble with the error and the hard disk. Optionally it is possible configure e-mail and/or network message alerts, sound warnings and the software can turn off the computer to prevent further degradation. The Professional version can also execute any external application or start a (backup) operation immediately, for example to backup data immediately from the failing drive to another.
It is important to know that any small, tiny scratch or dust can cause some bad sectors on the disk surface. It is hard to avoid all of these problems and it is possible that the drive is not 100% perfect, but the health is still “excellent”, so you do not need to worry about these sectors.
In general even if the SSD is perfect (the text description shows no errors, no bad sectors/bad memory cells or similar problems), the health of the SSD may slowly but constantly decrease. This is caused by writes to the SSD and the fact that the memory cells tolerate only limited amount of overwrite passes. The wear-leveling feature of the SSD tries to minimize this effect – but can’t be totally eliminated. Most SSDs have model-specific S.M.A.R.T. attribute(s) to indicate the general “health” of the SSD memory cells. For example, “209 Remaining Drive Life”, “231 SSD life left” and so. (just select that attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page, you can check how it changed over time on the graph below the list). These are identified by Hard Disk Sentinel and used to determine the actual health of the SSD.
To enable us to help you better and more efficiently we would like you give us following information :-
- Explain the symptoms of the problem. Also describe what you have done so far while attempting to fix the problem.
- List any critical directories and files. Be as thorough as possible. Include only those files that do not exist on any other drive or backup set.
- Operating System loaded on the Hard Disk like DOS, Windows, LAN, Novell & other such versions.
- If the computer cannot detect the presence of the hard drive (from within CMOS), or if you hear heavy clicking or scratching sounds coming from the drive when the computer is on—– the drive is probably physically damaged.
- If OS is Novell, or Windows then state the following: – Volume and its size. – Whether it contains DOS Partition along with its name and size. – Super user password and other login names ,etc.
- The name of directory structure, and the names of the most vital files to be retrieved must be provided by the client with correct spelling.
- CUSTOMER should send a defect –free drive for copying the data.
- If the drive is I omega Jazz, HP , or a Bernoulli, please include the Drive unit and necessary software, adopters, as well as the disk you want us to repair & same will be returned after repairs.
Note:- (It is required when Hard Disk doesn’t Auto Detect, then we need to transfer the platter to retrieve the data . In media transfer, Original Drive will not be returned because it is dismantled.) THESE VITAL INFORMATION ENABLES US TO GET YOUR LOST DATA BACK.RITICAL DONT SEND IT TO JUST ANYONE —— SEND IT TO A PROFESSIONAL — SAI SALES INFOTECH !!